Yield: 4 servings (When using Dashi, the Japanese broth)
- 17 fl oz water
- ½ oz Yamaki bonito flakes, for Dashi
- 3 ½ oz ice
- (A) 3 ½ oz flour.
- (A) egg 1 ea
- (A) 1 tbs soy sauce
- 3 ½ oz boiled octopus
- 1 oz Tempura bits
- 1 oz red pickled ginger
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Takoyaki sauce, to taste
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Dried green seaweed, for topping
- Yamaki Bonito Flakes, to taste
- Put water in a pot and boil. When it boils, add ½ oz of Yamaki Bonito Flakes and simmer for 2 minutes, then gently strain with a cloth.
- Put the dashi broth in a bowl, add ice to cool. Add (A) and mix well until smooth (leave it in the refrigerator overnight for smoother batter).
- Cut the boiled octopus into 24 pieces.
- Heat the takoyaki pan with salad oil, pour the batter from 2, and spread the octopus, tempura bits, and red pickled ginger evenly. When the dough turns white, flip them over to form a ball.
- Keep turning them until they are golden brown and crispy outside. Move them to a plate.
- Apply takoyaki sauce, mayonnaise, and sprinkle dried green seaweed, and Yamaki Bonito Flakes throughout.