Yield: 2 servings
- 6 thinly sliced pork belly
- 3 ½ oz okonomiyaki flour (or wheat flour)
- 3 1/3 fl oz water
- 2 tsp Yamaki Kappo Shirodashi
- 9 oz Cabbage
- 2 Green onions
- Japanese mountain yam ¼ each
- 1 tbs tempura bits
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Okonomiyaki sauce, to taste
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Yamaki Bonito Flakes, to taste
- Dried green seaweed, for topping
- Cut cabbage into thin slices, green onions into small pieces, and grate Japanese mountain yam.
- Put okonomiyaki flour (or wheat flour), water, and Yamaki Kappo Shirodashi in a bowl and mix well. Add cabbage, green onions, Japanese mountain yam from 1, tempura bits and eggs, and mix quickly.
- Spread a thin layer of oil on an electric griddle heated to 400 °F, pour half of 2 into a circle, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. When the back side turns golden brown, put 3 pieces of pork on each and turn it over.
- Cover and set the temperature to 450 °F and steam cook for about 5 minutes. Turn over again and cook for about 2 minutes until cooked to the middle.
- Garnish with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, sprinkle with dried green seaweed and plenty of Yamaki Bonito Flakes.