Yield: 2 servings
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- Salad oil, as needed
- Potato starch, as needed
- [A] 1 clove of garlic, grated
- [A] ½-inch piece of ginger, grated
- [A] 2 tablespoons Kappo white dashi
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the [A] ingredients and whisk all together.
- Add chicken thigh pieces to the mixture. Toss to coat, and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Pour the oil into a heavy-bottomed pot and heat the oil to 325ºF (163ºC) on medium heat.
- Lightly dredge each chicken piece in potato starch and dust off excess starch.
- When the oil temperature has reached 325ºF (163ºC), gently submerge each chicken piece into the oil.